Pest control services are absolutely necessary with the increasing amount of pest infestation in homes and the city. In general, these treatments are considered safe for both humans and pets. However, the presence of certain chemicals inside the spray can prove to be detrimental to health.
The common house pets, such as the cats and the dogs constantly sniff through their noses to identify things around them. This consistent inhaling and absorption can have drastic effects on the animal especially if they accidentally ingest the insecticides or pesticides.
The concentration of toxic chemicals is low in the insecticide sprays, but if ingested they can have long-lasting effects.
Table of Contents
This is a common question that many homeowners ask. Is it safe to roam around the house when the exterminator sprays? The good news is that you do not need to stay out of your home for days since pest control companies use safe chemicals and have found natural alternatives to the toxic compounds used in the sprays. Companies make sure that they keep your safety on priority with any pest spray while making your habitat completely pest-free.
The advanced pest control sprays are safe to use both outdoors and indoors. You do not really need to vacate your home. But, the exterminator may ask you to wait outside for at least 30 minutes to let the wet spray dry.
The spray dries pretty past and there is no need for you to worry about the residue sticking to the surface.
However, you must remain careful with your pets and children touching the wet surfaces and ingesting the spray. Otherwise, it may present a serious health hazard. The pest control treatments are long-lasting and effective, but it is best to leave your children at the park or the movies while the pest exterminator sprays your house.
The biggest concern for parents especially the new parents is how safe the pest control service is for babies and young children? You cannot avoid pest infestation but you can control its spread through proper treatments.
The real question you need to ask as a parent is that what is more harmful to your child? The pest itself? Such as cockroaches, rodents, ants, termites, etc? Or the pest sprays and treatment chemicals?
Yes, it is true that pesticides and insecticides have a lot of harmful chemicals inside that can have drastic effects on the baby’s health. This is because crawling babies and young children come in frequent contact with the surfaces where the pest spray settles or gets absorbed. And also because young children do not have strong immune systems.
However, the good news is that not every pest control chemical is toxic. There are safer alternates available in the market if you do some research. So, yes pesticides are indeed harmful to babies but you can always find a safer solution.
There are pest control services and chemicals that are pet-friendly. There are multiple ways through which you can identify whether a pest control spray is safe for your pet or not. You must do your homework and look for specific characteristics.
Keep an eye out for pet-friendly signs and labels on the bottle. Talk to the pest control services and inquire about the kind of sprays they use. Then find out for yourself whether those sprays are safe to use around your pets or not.
Talk to your exterminator and inquire about the life cycle of the pests and then see what treatment method would be the most effective in preventing future growth. It is important that the pest control company visits your home and inspects your property to decide the best course of action for pest elimination.